Senior Manager Ground Operations Systems and Development
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Posted on: October 24, 2019
Job ID: 2# of Openings: 1Category: Ground OperationsCity:
MiamiState: FLCompany: Atlas Air, IncOverview
This position is responsible for the administration and management
of ground operations systems used by the department such as Pelesys
and Sable. Additionally, is responsible for the development of
training material, instruction modules, and utilizes other computer
software for development and creation of ground operation forms,
tables, diagrams, etc. Provides support and assistance to ground
operations special projects and other inter departmental
assignments, as required. Handle the administrative duties for the
ground operations Sable and Pelesys administrators.
- Oversees the Pelesys training system and Sable automated weight
and balance platforms' operational and developmental activities to
include, but not limited to; day-to-day system administration,
operational functionality, instructional material development,
training modules' maintenance and applicable updates, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining, developing, and improving ground
operations training programs in accordance with federal and
- Use computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process
information, as appropriate.
- Development of computer based training programs and produces
training course materials, such as visual aides and videos; creates
and advises on operations manuals and training manuals.
- Coordinates with the Ground Operations Training and Dangerous
Goods departments on training programs/activities and courseware
- Monitor and evaluate ground operations training programs and
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
accomplish the applicable work requirements.
- Monitors updates and revisions to ground operations manuals and
documents, to ensure compliance, as appropriate.
- Provides support and assistance for developing or revising
ground operations policies and procedures, as directed by the
Director Ground Operations Standards and Training.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for software, programming, and
- Works in conjunction with the Director Ground Operations
Standards and Training to track ground operations systems costs and
expenses, to ensure budget is not exceeded.
- Interacts and works in conjunction with other departments (e.g.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Flight Operations, Maintenance,
Safety, etc.), as required.
- Other activities and special projects as directed by the
Director Ground Operations Standards and Training, or the Vice
President Ground Operations.
- Attends training seminars and conferences to ensure up-to-date
compliance with aviation regulations and the U.S. FAR's.
- Supports the development of new cargo rules in accordance with
aircraft manufacturer and regulatory agencies, as well as changes
in industry practices and safety standards.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of ground operations
- Knowledge of principles and methods for training design,
development, and instruction for individuals and groups using
computer based training systems.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform
and teach via written, oral, and visual media.
- Have several years of prior management experience and at least
five (5) years of airline operational experience
- Ability to communicate (orally or written) and interact with
the senior levels members of the organization.
- Strong team, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Certified on Company aircraft Weight and Balance and Dangerous
Goods Regulations, as applicable.
Keywords: Atlas Air, Inc, Bal Harbour , Senior Manager Ground Operations Systems and Development, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!